Fly Fishing Forum banner

Felt elevator shoes

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  juro 
#1 ·
I recall the last time I fished in snow, the snow stuck to my felt soles and built up so high I looked like Sly and the Family StoneFly. I literally fell down several times crossing a field to get to the river! I sat down on the snowy bank and let the water melt off the snow so I could fish.

I also recall landing a hatchery steelhead on the Snoqualmie with snow on the ground. I kept the fish, buried it in the snow and continued to fish. Realizing I was late for a family appointment (what else is new) I cleaned and packed the fish in snow and raced home. By the time I got settled in I was exhausted and fell asleep. The next morning I remembered the fish and went to the truck, opened the cooler and it looked like it had just come from the river. I even photographed it on the second day in the yard in front of a spruce tree and it looks like I just pulled it from the river.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.