Fly Fishing Forum banner

Seeking Fly Donations for Fundraiser Raffles

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Quentin 
#1 ·
The Forum will be holding raffles at the various fly fishing shows, beginning with the Marlboro show (January 17 - 19), in order to raise funds to help pay for subsequent shows and the server upgrade.

One of the raffle ideas is to raffle off a box (or boxes) of "go to" flies tied by Forum members. When I say "go to" fly, I mean the first fly that you would tie on when you hit the water. Of course, this usually depends on the fishing conditions and type of fish you are trying to catch, so it would be important to include that information with the fly. If many different members each submit one or two flies, the result would be an incredible assortment of flies, with each fly being somebody's "go to" fly for a given condition. If enough flies are received we will sort them into categories for saltwater, trout, salmon, warmwater, etc., so that we can hold a raffle for each category.

So . . . Here's what I'm looking for: One or two "go to" flies (or more, if you wish) with the name of the fly, the type of fish or general category that the fly is for, and the conditions in which you would fish the fly (e.g., springtime high water, deep water, fast current, flats, night time, etc.). This information will be included with the flies. If you wish, you may include your Forum username so that the winner can let you know about their success with your fly.

If you would like to donate a fly, please respond here or by PM or email and I will send you my address.

Thanks!

Q

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.