Fly Fishing Forum banner

It Can Not Be The Middle of March...

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  fredaevans 
#1 ·
...given that this is the extended forecast, posted this evening. :whoa: :whoa:

I do not mind it...the more snow in the mountains, the better (for the fishies). :) :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Ryan, "it's" all over the place.

Weather down here has been off the charts the past couple of days. Wednesday went from sunshine, to heavy snow fall, to sunshine, to 1/2" of small hail, to sunshine to another 1/2" of snow. Something for everybody's taste. Actual measureable water was well under 1/2" but it came in just about any/every form you could immagin.

Living half way up Mt. Roxie Ann you can watch the (litterly) sheets of weather coming out of the mountains to the south and west like a black wall. WAM! and then it moves on. Like being out on the open ocean and seeing the fronts/squalls moving across the water.
fe

#5 ·
Spring is in the lower great lakes at least. 40-50 degree temps no snow on ground, people out in shorts, trees are budding, robins are here etc..

Upper great lakes still has winter, UP Michigan (Yoopers) has several feet of snow on the ground. Yes they also have steelhead rivers, Zipperlip on most of those though. Thats Ernest Hemingway country you know "Big Two Hearted River".

#6 ·
I love the snow and I love a snow river but this is getting very old, very fast.

I've got almost an inch on the ground here and it is showing no sign of letting up...plus I am making my way out to the Coast this week and the last thing I want to deal with is the slick, icy roads that can be so dangerous between PA and Forks. :(

#7 ·
Spring Snow

Ryan,

I love fishing in the snow also for spring steehead. Had my best day ever on steelhead in March St. Paddies day snow storm in the
1980s. What a grand day that was.

Be careful driving no fish is worth risking your life for, I learned that lesson also a while back.

Hal

#8 ·
Sparkey. It's supposed to warm up by mid week,but it is going to rain like all get out. So where you are going the rivers will probly be out of shape.
As for snowing out. It snowed like heck this morning but it turned to rain,now all the snow is gone. I'm just one town north of you.
Boy I sure wish I knew how to spell. You should see this before I post it.I have lots of corrections.
Jim S.:D

#9 ·
Kerry, good news/bad news on the deer.

The area is still over run with the little buggers. If we didn't have an 8' high deer fence there wouldn't be anything higher than close cut grass in the whole neighborhood.

Poochie will/does blow us out of bed at zero dark 30 'woofing' at Bambi munching on something in our front yard, and we're in a developed subdivision. Was a bit strange when we had the 28+ acre vineyard and nary a deer track (and Dear God, do these things love grape vines). In the subdivision ... the buggers eat Joan's flowers off our front porch. Sheeba even 'treed' a Racoon 5 feet from our front door one night ..... probably just as well (no harm to our little ring-tailed friend) as it told me where all the "ex-"Gold fish/Koi had gone too. :mad:

Is it "legal" to hunt deer in your front yard? (And before you ask: I don't even own a bee-bee gun).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.