Fly Fishing Forum banner

Any news from Casco Bay/Kennebec R?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  mikez 
#1 ·
Starting my vacation next week up there. Was wondering if any big ones are being caught.
Anyone?

#3 ·
I know, believe me I know!:roll:
My days of planning vacations around peak fishing times are gone for awhile. Doesn't mean I can't fish though!:wink:
Still, there are many great spots up there too. Question is, have the biggin's arrived yet?
Good news is their herring runs will still be active and the Kennebec is still catch & release, single hook, no bait till july 1.
Leave me some of those cows Steve. I may still sneak down there before we head north.

#4 ·
No Assumptions

:lildevl: Do not fear. We have plenty of bait and there are a number of nice fish floating around. Herring are thick, as are the Alewives, not to mention the mackeral. Our fish that were tiny last year, hve shoulders and are smarter, but much larger. I talked to a local captain who runs a Flats skiff, said there were a number of larger fish floating around.
My Two Cents:lildevl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.