Fly Fishing Forum banner

Neat flask from Nalgene

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  grizz0707 
#1 ·
I was browsing the steel margarita glasses at REI and came across a polycarbonate flask with a shot cup lid and protective housing (which I think will hold ice water nicely on the side).

Just the thing for bringing a fair shot of those expensive and rare beverages to remote places like campouts, boats, Acklins, or whatever your fancy.

Virtually unbreakable and does not impart the taste of metal, second only to glass in terms of preserving the subtleties of scotches, anejo tequilas, etc.

A whopping $8.00

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Interesting that Nalgene came out with a product like that. Sounds like a pretty good deal, but I'll probably stick with my flask that's 1/2 flask and 1/2 stogie holder. Then I can kill two birds with one stone. :)

#4 ·
Certainy not going to replace the scotch in my titanium or pewter flasks, but this one is just the ticket for packing some fine tequila on a Carribean expedition in the luggage. I wonder if the outside sleeve will hold limes and salt.

All metal flasks impart a tinny flavor onto fine liquors, only glass does not. Polycarbonate is probably second best. What it lacks in tradition and class it has goin' in practicality for new applications.

Besides it totally salt-water corrosion proof. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.