Fly Fishing Forum banner

Ready to go

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Chris 
#1 ·
Status update:

- Blank & components (purchased w/ Christmas/Birthday money) arrived today via FedEx! Sage rplxi 1090 2 pc - suuuweeeet.

- Built rod turning & thread-wrapping 'devices' w/ left-over scrap wood last weekend. Need to find a powerful (enough) synchronous motor though. Any advice on local(EMass), DIY options? (Jim - managed to lose the email you sent with the url for that CA company).

- Signed up for Smitty's class, starting this Sunday.

If I never post again, you'll know why: either overcome by expoxy fumes or mortified that I destroyed the blank...

#2 ·
Great Todd ! Sounds like a really nice rig. I hope the first fish you catch on it is a 50lber. Even if it's a schoolie I'm sure there will be a great deal of satisfaction knowing you rolled your own. Here's the link to that motor http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=400500&item=ACM-108&type=store
be aware that 40rpms is on the fast side but I read on another site that it worked well with the LS-supreme finish which is quite thin.

#4 ·
Well, I didn't end up buying a blank at the show - most of us working the booth didn't really get to 'see' much of the show and we were there! Oh well, that's a good sign for the popularity of the booth.

I will be calling Smitty for a 10wt 4pc vps today, need to catch up to you guys!

#5 ·
Any motors for any application can be had at Granger. They have the best prices for electric motors of anywhere I've gone. I've bought motors for use in little under counter heat exchangers all the way up to 20 HP high head sewage pumps and I have yet to find a more reasonable price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.