Fly Fishing Forum banner

Straits of Juan De Fuca

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Leland Miyawaki 
#1 ·
Over the last 20 years I've had the privilege of fishing the stretch from Neah Bay, Sekiu, Port Angeles to Bush Point. Well Bush Point isn't the straits, but in October when the salmon are pushing in from the straits it might as well be the "cap" to the funnel. It's a fly-fishery that is largely unexploited when compared to other fly fishing venues, and several hundred more fly anglers couldn't crowd the spot even on the same day there is so much room to explore and so many fish to tempt at the right time of year.

As another great season winds down I will be working on a new section hopefully with expert insights from guys like Capt. Roy Morris, a charter captain living in Sekiu and host of my last visit to Sekiu. Of course we will include the knowledge of creative spirits like Leland Miyawaki who originated that coho popper that drives the salmon crazy.

This fishery is truly amazing and really coming into it's own along the beaches and inner sound hotspots, I hope to work with those in the know to reveal what the straits has to offer for the fly fisherman in the months to come.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.