Fly Fishing Forum banner

straits / neah salmon

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Moonlight 
#1 ·
Hey I hear great reports from my former work-mates. They bucktail but don't really FF. Any updates?

#2 ·
Hey, Juro,

My friend Ted, who summers on Prince of Wales Island, east side, has had exceptional FF for silvers (Snowy Pass Silvers as they are called -- the only summer-run silvers of which I've ever heard). A bit north of the Straits but just thought I'd mention it. Green/white 4-6" Clousers on intermediate line, fast strip.

I'm heading up there in a couple of weeks, but, by that time, the run will be over. There should be pinks and chums around, but the silvers will mainly be in Klawok, much farther south than Ted's cabin.

Cheers,

Eric

#3 ·
Silvers and Pnks on fire @ Seiku

Reports have lots of those pesky pinks mixed in with a very good return of wild Silvers hanging around Sekiu. The gear draggers are going down 20-30' pulling spoons and having 100 fish days.

Fish are being caught on flies, both bucktailed and cast. I'm trying to get the 16th and 17th off to give it a go - for the most # of fish mid August is the time. Big boys should show in September, but it's not nearly as good surface action.

I'm still waiting for a report from Tony - he should have been back from Neah with tales of voracious beasts savaging his flies.

Tight Lines!

Brian

#4 ·
Just spent an evening in camp with Harry and NZ trout bum Harry is slowing down he turned down Hot dogs for desert after a mega pasta dinner! Fishing was OK but it wqs not epic if you are eager to go I would suggest getting out there now weather looks good for the week ahead and lots of feed in thr water. Mixed bag on size with 7 out of 10 fish under 6# and we didn't get any over 10 but a slow scratch with a few hot streaks here and there make it worthwhile. I plan on being around several days a week for the next few.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.