Fly Fishing Forum banner

Quebec salmon fishing

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
I suggest you fish the Matane River located in the town of Matane. The drive up will take you about 10 -11 hours traveling a little over the speed limits. July fishing is close to peak time on the Matane. Many of the other rivers in Quebec on the Gaspe Peninsular require advanced booking, however most of the rivers have sections called public water ---there is no limit on the number of fishermen fishing the public water. Nevertheless, July is very good time to salmon fish in Quebec. Good luck.

#2 ·
Seth -

Thanks and welcome to the Forum. I sense a direct experience with the area in your reply... I'll have to admit that I have long been obsessed with fishing the Gaspe region. I recently met with a lodge owner / guide from the region who hosted Dec Hogan from Mt.Vernon Washington, steelhead country.

It's my dream to organize a conclave in the Gaspe region within the next couple of years. If you have direct knowledge in the region we would be grateful for your insights.

regards,
Juro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.