• Yes new forum

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • no no new forum

Votes: 9 81.8%

Poll new forum

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  SDHflyfisher 
#1 ·
Who thinks that there should be a forum for the light line flyfishers
I use the lightest tackle that i can get away with.
my favorite rod that i own is my redington #3 with matching orvis rocky mountian reel

#3 ·
I voted no, I feel I am always using too light a leader fly fishing. Anyway we need an ethics forumn before a light line fly fishing one IMHO.

I guess by light fly fishing you are thinking trout such as 2 or 3 weights right ?

Since there are so many types of fly fishing you could have one of these for almost every species of fish that is fly fished.

#10 ·
Sometimes the best way to share ideas is on a general page (like this one). I don't think that there is so much traffic here that a series of discussions regarding the merits and pleasures of fishing light lines would go unnoticed.
I proposed a page for knots, lines, leaders and rigging, but it doesn't get much traffic. With all of the questions that we all have, and our collective experience, one would think that we could have a terrific archive.
So, start with a good thread.

#13 ·
Not seeing the forest for the trees....

SDH, if you don't think that there are enough threads going concerning light lines, then you can do something about it. Start one! And if you see another thread concerning them, join in!

Eddie threw you quite a lob yesterday with a light line topic.....I figured that you would have hit it out of the park by now. ;)

#14 ·
I do not understand why we would have one. I fish with light rods for trout but there is nothing specialized about fishing with them. I am using the same techniques,patterns, presentation as I would with any rod. The presentation may be a little more delicate but that is all. Topic covered. What else is there to talk about.

-sean

#15 ·
Agree w/Haul and Sean,

As far as I'm concerned trout fishing IS light line fishing. Fish a 3w with 4 x or fish a 6wt with 7 x. It's all the same to me...

Would look forward to some more posts on this board however. We may need to organize a troutclave for next spring :devil:

BigD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.