Fly Fishing Forum banner

Pike Clave

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  DFix 
#1 ·
It's time to start thinking about a Pike Clave. I propose that those who are interested respond to this thread so that we can see who's interested.

There are several areas in my neck of the woods that have pike in fairly shallow water after ice-out. I'll throw out a weekend....April 19 and 20....this should give the water in the CT River system a chance to warm a bit and get the fish moving. These areas are all within 20 minutes of my home, and depending upon the number of Clave attendees I can put some of you up at my house.

One disclaimer.....at this time of year, the pike fishing is very weather dependent. One cold front or a series of overcast days with cold drizzle can turn the fish off. For this reason, I suggest that we all have some lighter gear on hand. If the pike fishing isn't good due to weather conditions, we can always hit some of the TMAs for early browns and rainbows.

If you're interested, please let me know.

#2 ·
I'm interested but have a problem with that weekend due to the convergance of easter and birthdays with requisite family celebrations. The plus side of that weekend is that few people will be out for pike since its opening day for trout in CT. Trout streams will be hammered though.

#4 ·
Amendment!

Thank you John for pointing out the obvious, that Easter is on that Sunday. Let's move it to another weekend, either the 26th and 27th or the 12th and 13th.

Boats are needed for best results. These backwaters are kinda out of the way, and surrounded by muck. I have a john boat, I know that Q has one as well.....heck, Roop and Adrian did well in their kayaks last April. As the group gels, we'll see what's available.

#5 ·
The way things are going this winter my boat will probably be buried under the snow until May!

Still, I'm tempted to try to make this event, although it will mean shelling out a few bucks for a non-resident CT license. Hmm . . . Then again, if I do get a CT license I can also try for stripers in Enfield.

Q

#9 ·
Dear Mr. Fix:

Please forward a copy of your annual schedule to the Forum's administrative assistant. This will help alleviate some of your current frustrations regarding missed connections with group fishing events.

We wish you well in your other endeavors while we are fishing, and hope to have you with the group in the near future.

Have a wonderful day. :)

On a totally unrelated note.....

Wanted: Forum administrative assistant. Must be able to type, answer phones, and multi-task as needed. Public relations experience a plus. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.