Fly Fishing Forum banner

LK Michigan - Milwaukee to Muskegon Ferry

5K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  pmflyfisher 
#1 ·
fyi

Does not look like this would help to reduce my travel time to West Michigan rivers from Chicago, if the ferry ride is 2 hours across the lake. Would take me an 1-1.5 hours to get to Milwaukee, + 2 hour ferry, + 1 hour to rivers for a total travel time of 4-4.5 hours. Now i can do it to the rivers north of Muskegon in 3.5 to 4 hours. Plus the ferry cost would probably be more than the $ 40 for 1.5 tanks of gas.

Would benefit michigan and wisconsin fisherman that are close to the ferry ports from having to drive around the southern side of lake michigan.

If it ever constructed that is. Beleive this is a risky financial venture unless it could move commercial freight also such as that carried by the trucks, but I donot think this is in the plans.

Looks like I will be driving up and back to steelhead blue ribbon country for the rest of my days.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muchronic...standard.xsl?/base/news-1/103329463011211.xml

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.