Fly Fishing Forum banner

Thanksgiving Special

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  fredaevans 
#1 ·
This is a fly that my wife came up with during Thanksgiving weekend (hence her name for it). I have to say that I'm getting impressed with her use of the materials.....not too heavy, not too sparse.

Hook: Here, a size 2 and a size 4
Thread: 3/0, black
Tail: Yellow bucktail
Flash: Silver Krystal Flash
Wing: Black bucktail
Wing flash (optional): Silver Krystal Flash

The size 2 shows the optional wing flash. This color combo and size was tied for bass, pike, and pickeral, but I can see it whacking a few schoolies, shad, and cocktail blues as well.

Anne is starting to poke around my tying bench more and more, and has even stopped into the fly shop with me to help pick out materials that she'd like to work with. She's dabbled in tying for a few years now, but she might really be getting the bug now.

This is a good thing, right?

:p

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Mark, this is a "very good thing." But then the

person who 'coined' that phrase may be doing time shortly in the Gray Bar Hotel. Wonder if 'she' will be allowed to 'do over' her cell? Can just see the feature article now on how to spiff up cinder block walls, stainless steel hanging fixtures, double racks for beds, etc.

Doonsbury had a few corkers on this over the past couple of weeks. Couldn't happen to a nicer, more deserving, person.
:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.