Fly Fishing Forum banner

Moving East Part II : House offer accepted!

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  juro 
#1 · (Edited)
Was out fishing yesterday and got a call from my wife who was back east looking at property. She put an offer down on a place and it was accepted!

Looks like it is in the Nyatt area of Barrington about 4 blocks from the barrington beach. Wonder if I can fish there.....

Will not see the house personally until I move out but the wife made sure I had my own tying room :) Going to need to something to do this winter.

Things are moving fast...

-sean

#2 ·
That was fast. It looks like Providence is working on your behalf regarding this move.

You are a wise man though letting your wife find a house. Anytime we looked for a house together, Nora would find things she didn't like about houses I did. I finally got smart 11 years ago and let her do the looking by herself.

Only you didn't tell us if there was some catching to go along with the fishing.

#3 ·
Nyatt Point

Sean,
That is a very nice area of Barrington. When you get situated you will have to find out who owns the Lighthouse at Nyatt Point, and get permission to fish there.It has a bar that runs almost out to the Conimicut Light. This is a real good fishing area especially on a dropping tide, when you can work your way out on the bar to a group of about 6 rocks out quite a ways from shore. Good bass, and bluefishing area. Barrington beach is also good especially for blues, and you willm be able to get a parking permit for the beach being a Barrington resident.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.