Fly Fishing Forum banner

Angel Hair Baitfish

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  steelheadmike 
#1 ·
Striblue,

Quick question on the Angel Hair Baitfish. Do you dub the material on then pick and comb or clump it on almost like a High Tie ? Also, you've had luck with the Ultra Shrimp???? How does one fish them? I have a few I tied moons ago but never had any luck. When do you start to fish them??

#2 ·
Mike... I take the angel hair and rip it into smaller pieces then place it on top of the hook and dub it so it actually circles the shank... then wind some thread around the front portion where my next clump will go.... securing the portion...like the last steo in a deer hair spin before trimming... when the application is done, I will then pick out and comb as you point out...then trim loose ends off and shape... I will then put the long top portion on, obviously not dubbed... The shrimp I have used near grass beds and usually off a boat, usually drift... but the short slow strip is the way to go,I think..long strips might work, but short , slow. jerky sort off.. I do not use them often... but skinny water is good... also if you see them around you, that is key... Green near grass... and brown in the open, or clear in the open.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.