Fly Fishing Forum banner

Ste-Marguerite (Saguenay)

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  fcch 
#1 ·
Got back yesterday afternoon.

The water conditions are excellent ... pretty clear (for the Ste-Marguerite) and perfect levels. Unfortunately, ... there are not many Salmon in the river. IMHO, ... there should be more arriving soon.

Those that were ther in 25, 43, and especially 47 were "interesed".

A lack of anglers (we were maybe 10 on the whole river saturday) makes for funny statistics though. :(

You can't always make a salmon hold still for a photo.
Borsi Tremblay does the honors on a nice 10-12 lb hen from Glass pool.

Full sunshine, mid afternoon dries, ... Life can't get better than that !! :)

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Charlie,

Since 2002, returns have been low. That was the year we started C&R on adults. Weird. I believe the flood in '96 could have an influence.

Also, what used to be a tradition, ... good returns in mid june to 1 july don't seem to be.

We get "low to average" returns, ... but much later in the season :(

While we used to have nice adults in June, ... the river seems to be empty until early July. Further, the early (june15) arrivals seem to run straight up to Big Pool in the 5A.

For a few more details, hit my home page,... then the Journal link. I usually post in my Blog a short text our our antics;)

I wonder if the flood in mid july 1996 could have "flushed" the spawners that were already in the river since mid june and we just lost this segment of the population?? :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.