Fly Fishing Forum banner

Norwalk Islands Check out

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Adrian 
#1 ·
Went out for a paddle with some Kayak Adventure folks yesterday to tour the Norwlak Islands. Ran into Jim Wesley on the way out who reported quiet activity.

I left the rod at home - this was a "recon" / "work-out" trip. Water temps in the high 60s so a nice day to practice wet exits and recoveries!

Launching from Suagatuck Island, we covered about 7 nm over a two and a half hour period with a 40 minute break half way through.

Once the outgoing tide got moving, there were some very interesting structures and rips to check with a rod next time out.

Also, some good access points for yak launching without agro!

Nice day for a paddle!

#2 ·
Adrian,
I was skunked but it was a nice paddle anyway. I got there late, there is usually some small fish getting active at the first crack of daylight there, or last light of the day. Give me a call if you would like to get out there. I could use some help with the new fly rod, 2 outings with it, still fishless. And keep that launch site between us, eh? ;)
Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.