Fly Fishing Forum banner

Art Swayer and Art Burton

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  RayStachelek 
#1 ·
Can anyone help me find these two guys. I need to find their e-mail address or Phone numbers. I think Art Burton goes by "ArtB" on the board, but I can not find Sawyer. Also, I 'Think' they are both around the same age and are from RI.... can they or anyone else confirm.

#8 ·
Yes Ray....I need Al Brewster too...Jim , my e-mail was returned... can you check it again.I will see if I copied it wrong.... ( just so you know ,this is important to me and Joe Branham. All I can say is that he and I are close to a book deal....on classic saltwater flies.... and I need to do some "oral" histories....More after we sign a contract).........Ray, can you PM me your phone number.

#9 ·
John,
I'll check my home account tonight, Art might have sent something more recently to that address. I'll let you know either way.

Ray, what do you say....

Hooked up on a bonito last week in Rhody. Chuck and I were recalling a clave a few years back where you nailed a bone for the grill when everyone else got shad and micros. :smokin: Remember it like it was yesterday, good times. Maybe we can hook up next year for a Rhody Hardtail clave 1st part of October.

#11 ·
Hi John, I am still alive, not kicking so good yet. I see you got Al Brewster's phone number, one of my best friends, in my opinion the best flyfisher around these parts, baring none, salt or freshwater. Another gentleman you might want to try and get a hold of is J edson Lenard of Barrington RI, he has written several books on flytying, including his book "Flies". His book has a lot of letters from some of the old masters when they replied to his questions. I have video of him tying flies at a TU meeting. John just PM me. or e-mail ,artbu@cox.net. Just starting to drive my SUV again, but I don't dare to go fishing yet, maybe next year. artb :chuckle:

#13 ·
Jim....

Remember well the Clave. The irony in all of this, the clavers on board my boat had many many shoots at Bonito. They couldn't even get a follow. Out of frustration watching all morning, I took my first and only cast. You know the rest of the story.
That's how legends are born. I remember you callling me the "RI Bambino." Glad the curse has ended.

#14 ·
Ray,
How are you? How's Arnie Jr. still teeing it up? Hopefully playing well and getting ready for the tour! I took the Capts. license course and will be taking the test next Wed. gotta study my brains ut the next couple of days or else I am going to be in deep trouble. Man there is alot of crap to remember. I should be alright though and should be a licensed Cappy by next season. I think I need a bigger boat :hihi: Financing is going to be an issue though :confused: . How's the new married situation treating you?? I hope well? Need to get together again this winter and catch up. Talk to you soon.

Mike M.

#15 ·
Hey Mike,

You're almost home buddy. Getting a Cap license is just like boot camp. It's a tremendous amount of intense studying and stress. All this and you still have to work your day job too. Weeding and culling out undesireable applicants is the reason. Believe me, you will become a better seaman because of this, but more importantly make correct decisions reguarding your clients and boat safety. Bone up my friend those index cards. Eat, sleep with them. I'm sure Michelle won't mind in the long run.

Scott is at Methodist College in North Carolina enrolled in their golf program enjoying 70 degree weather and my money. :chuckle:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.