Fly Fishing Forum banner

Rip Trip - September

6K views 60 replies 17 participants last post by  Penguin 
#1 ·
I spoke with Keith today and Jim Simms and will be back in Chatham on friday. Jim will work with Keith on a number of dates and I suspect we are looking at Mid -September. The weather is looking good for the next 8 days but I will wait for Jim to post the respective dates after he speaks with Keith. Nice having dinner at the Squire with Juro the other night and finally saw the flyfishing den at the "maison D'amour" on Main Street.

#52 ·
Jim Simms will have to make the call for Sunday. Not sure I can make it but I see Janman, Petev, Adrian,Hyway61, as able to go, I would think Simms and Sila and maybe Bob (I may have that name wrong but he is staying with Jim)I have not heard from Pete G. That is 7 right now absent other confirms. If it can not go off I will set up another sign on for next Saturday or Sunday. If that does not happen I will try each weekend Though the middle of October at least.

#58 ·
Different WX sources = Different stories...Weshallsee!

The wind swept isolated experience is worth a college try...
When/If we gather at the "refuge" for a head count...if there are too many folks who have traveled from afar to sample this gem of a special spit of sand, I'll throw myself under the bus and give up my place so that the uninitiated can partake...other wise...
Standing by to stand by for news...

#59 ·
Weather cancellation...

Our good Capt. Keith Lincoln is erring on the side of caution and cancelling the Rip Trip for Sunday. It is based on the southwest wind building throughout the day. This makes a pickup difficult and hazardous traveling toward Stage Harbor.

With the southwest wind forecast, my recommendation would be to try the bayside. I don't have any current intel, but with the big tides, bait should be pushing out of the estuaries and harbors.

#60 ·
I would love to pull my hair out....but I don't have enough for that social statement. I am willing to stay at it and see if we can do next weekend if Keith can do it from a scheduling (seal Trips) . I can make it and RickW. can....I know JimS can, and probably PeteV and Janman.....CJS60 (Craig) could maybe make it as he said he would be watching the forum. I would expect penguin will be around. I am willing to stay at it until mid October....That would be four attempts give or take. I will set up another thread. Just sign on if you would like to.

#61 ·
Just for the record...

Would'a...Could'a...Should'a...
This morning was fairly calm and it promised to be a gem of a day...
Can't get much better! Probably picture perfect at the RipTip...
Around lunch time the SW breeze started to turn on...sort'a like what was called for...
I went sailing [Hobie Adventure Island] around 1500 on the Bay of Lewis and by 1630 there was a steady 10-15 out of the southwest...I ate some waves in the Hyannis outer channel...
Had the Right Honourable Captain Keith not made his painful and educated call, we would probably still be marching back in the dark for a pick-up somewhere on the inside...
Hat's off to the Good Captain!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.