Fly Fishing Forum banner

Blize River Lodge

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Tim D 
#1 ·
Heading to Belize River Lodge in April. will post a report with pics when I get back. Havne't been to Belize before and am REALLy looking forward to it. Been tying up a ton of small crab and shrimp patterns for permit and bones and different types of tarpon flies as well. Apparently they have a good resident population of baby tarpon. If anyone has any tips, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tim

#2 ·
Hi,
I fished with Belize River Lodge two Novembers ago and had a great time. Very professional, accomodating outfit. You will have good chances at tarpon, snook, and bonefish. Permit are problematical unless you specifically ask to fish for them. The Permit flats are apparently quite a ways from the normal fishing grounds.

The guides are excellent. The food, if you're interested in that stuff, is plentiful and well prepared.

I liked everything about the place, really, and would gladly go back.

Good luck and will look forward to your posts,

Eric

#3 ·
hey Eric,

thanks for the info. Really looking forward to it. I do remember hearing that the permit flats are much further south (I believe about 45 minutes south). we are fishing 4 full days so the plan is to spend one day looking for permit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.