Fly Fishing Forum banner

Airflo Type VII full sink

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
I have a new favorite QD line! No tangles. No hinge. A dream to cast and it sinks at a rate of 7 in/sec. Let's see if it stands the test of time.

#3 ·
Juro - this is a full sink line so there's no junction. In fact, there's no running line, just a contiguous 110 feet of line that sinks like lead core. I find it much more castable than the Cortland QD. I won't say it's tangle free, but it's definitely an improvement over the Cortland set up.

This line really slices through wind even though it's not high density. I've been able to throw it on softer rods, whereas the QD only casts well on my broomstick Redington.

Roop tells me the replacement Cortland he got from the factory has a new finish. I still need to send my back, but when I get it I may spool up both lines and do a side by side comparison this Spring.

Al

#4 ·
You'd think I would read the subject line once in a while! Sounds good. I really like the full sink type IV Scientific Angler line. Although it doesn't shoot with as little line out of the guides like the QD, it casts more like an intermediate line but with some added zing.

Starting to miss that sound of line flying through the air!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.