Fly Fishing Forum banner

Caye Caulker Fly Fishing guides. . .

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  surfingfireman 
#1 ·
Question:

I've got a great guide that I went out with this past spring out of San Pedro, but found the only guide anyone recommended out of Caye Caulker to be, well, let's be kind and say "sub-par" (unprepared, unmotivated, overprices, and not overly friendly - and I'm pretty easy to get along with). We even left late and came back early (didn't notice until I got back in, didn't have a watch with me). Maybe he had a bad day, I don't know, but I won't go out with him again.

Unfortunately, I really like Caye Caulker a lot more (the food, the atomosphere, the people, the prices). Sadly, my guide won't pick me up at Caulker. So my question is:

Does anyone know a fly guide who is either based in Caulker or willing to make the trip? I'm thinking of heading to Belize in October, and would love to be able to avoid San Pedro.

Thanks.

#5 ·
When I was in CC in Feb 2006, I talked to the guy who runs Anglers Abroad. I only saw him because his shop was beside the place I stayed at (Maria's Place, right beside the split).

I was doing DIY and it was my first attempts at bones. He seemed like a nice guy and gave me some tips and I bought a couple flies from him but I can't really comment on his guiding skills or prices. I see on his website that he offers overnight trips to a remote offshore island as well.

I did manage to hook a half dozen bones and landed 2 (as well as some barracuda and snapper) just walking around the island.

I noticed on a map of the Caye listings for three others: Eloy's Fishing, Gabriel's Fishing and Northern Fisherman Cooperative

I am pretty jealous you are heading down there. Best of luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.