Fly Fishing Forum banner

Special thanks to AL!!!

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Al, I find myself saying this a lot lately but THANKS!

My daughter and I spend a few glorious hours at Fenway thanks to your generous gift of tickets. Since she's moving out this weekend, it was especially meaningful for the both of us. The seats were incredible, I've never felt so close to the action despite having attended many games in the past. Having spent such a long time in Seattle it was kind of hard to decide who to root for (Bo-sox or Mariners?) but in the end it was a reinforcement of our friendship in the context of a big new city that will shape her future, not a contest of hitting balls and running.

That's not to say the contest was anything short of spectacular - Abbott came one hit short of a no-hitter thru nearly 8 innings and A-Rod (whom I wanted to introduce to my daughter
) emphatically blasted a home run over the left field light assembly (yes OVER). The Sox hit the ball hard throughout the game but many were caught against the wall all night. Sure I am a Seattle fan in Boston but I think this night was a rite of passage - Fenway and the Sox will bring me back to being a beantown fan before you know it.

I'll be buying a set of tickets for the whole family next season, same exact section. I hope our day will be as good as this one was... and I also hope the sox win!

Go BoSox (there's hope for me yet!)

Juro

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.