Fly Fishing Forum banner

These steelhead addicts are awful quiet!

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Well heck when I lived in the PNW I had story after story, fish after fish... gotta wonder whats up with the quiet crowd we got on the riverbanks since I left?

Not even a chum tale!

See less See more
#3 ·
Drool, slobber, pant... you know me well enough to know that I am mesmerized by glacial water flowing over the ageless rock bottoms of freestone rivers. Even more so by even the remote possibility that a chrome hauzer missle lay hidden in the mosaic. There were times when a steelhead would surge for my fly and with all that I had already gotten for being there that morning (standing thigh deep in the current beneath a canyon of towering conifers with lungs freshened with mountain air) the fish was just a bonus.

Remember the variegated bunny in the 5th bridge pool (Sol Duc) just at the bend with a short type III last April? I'll have to post some pictures from the PNW so people can really appreciate what that corner of the US of A has to offer. We can do it on a shoestring too!

Did someone say "CLAVE?"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.