Fly Fishing Forum banner

Bears Den Fly Show

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Bob Pink 
#1 ·
Late afternoon change in plans allowed me to take in the Bears Den Fly show. Many of the vendors and tyer's were present. Watched Todd Murphy tie a couple of flatwings and picked up at tip or two for a couple of chronic problems I have. Also watched Dave Skok tying Mushmouths.

I havn't been too focused on gear this year but looked at some reels as candidates to mate with my SWE prize. Gotta say I was pretty impressed with the Redington Breakwater from a price/fit/finish/probable performance standpoint.

Quite a few familiar faces wandering around. Saw Capt Ray, JBasser, Brian Casey, Slinger, Al D, Bob Pink, etc, etc.

I left before the grand prize drawing so I've got to get off line in case they call to tell me about my new Wayfarer rod.

#2 ·
HAHA yes, you are very lucky with these contests.

I wish I could've made it but I am on a plane in a few hours, if anyone else is headed over there please extend my warmest thanks to the Bear's Den crew for the invite to come down to their gathering but more importantly for their sponsorship support.

Post some pics of the reel you win :devil:

#3 ·
Very nice show and most important an amazing crowd. The parking lot was filled to capacity. Everyone I spoke to enjoyed it. I am going to look around for a raffle of those new Redington reels for Fred. They are sweet in terms of price and performance as Fred said. Thanks to Scott at Bears Den!

#4 ·
Fred, sorry I missed chatting with you down there. Seemed like every table I got trapped at ( by my own curiousity! ) I also sat and watched Todd do some inspired stuff. Going to work on the Barn Hill calamari later this spring.

Thanks to Scott for a very enjoyable evening! Class Act!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.