Fly Fishing Forum banner

Death March 10/12/01

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  artb 
#1 ·
Hi Guys, Walked out to Napatree this morning, got out there at about 6:30AM The fish were offshore, I saw some Albies, but out of fly casting distance. The bass moved right into the wash, had a lousy morning, on my way out at about 10AM. I only caught 16 Bass, I had one that weighed 10 lbs on my Boga Grip, and two others that were about 6 lbs, they were all over about 20 inches long, only one other flyfisher out there, he caught more than I did, but then again he was from Newport. He told me there is no fish there. The bait for the day is about 1 inch anchovys. I tie a fly that is Olive over white with a little flash, and has eyes. Great day, hope it holds up for this weekend, got to straighten out my digital camera, I guess I have too many picture still on it. Tried to take pictures today, and it failed. Tight Lines, ArtB

G
#5 ·
Hey Art
It was a good time Saturday morning making the death march out to Napatree. I hope you foot is alright from the abrasions your waders were giving you. Even thou we didn't catch any fish it was still a good time meeting you. I am not ready to give up the ghost. What do you think about Napatree or somewhere in that area Saturday morning. What do you think?
Brian

#6 ·
Brian, Too bad Friday wasn't Saturday, What a difference a day makes. I am on a liquid diet for two days, got to have a ream job. This time of the year Napatree is always a good bet. If the outside surf is up try the entrance of the pond on the inside if the tide is running out. Incoming tide you can also try Quonny, or Nimgret Ponds. I hope to get out again the beginning of next week, if I feel up to it. Good luck the fish ain't left yet. You can also stop at Weekapaug Bait, tell them you are a friend of mine, I think they well help you. I have been reading Allan Caolo's book today lots of good information on sight-fishing. TL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.