Fly Fishing Forum banner

Pi 5/5

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  BobD 
#1 ·
Dead. Fish from a couple days ago have pushed on. Hit or miss right now up there. FAC conditions too. Many many seals hanging out.

Lefty

#4 · (Edited)
Lefty, Lefty, Lefty,
All ya had to do was call.... :) ....3-4 dozen schoolies this weekend....but....without clogging this board with non-flyfishing drivel...
There are fish on the beachfront, Joppa, and upriver.
While I didn't pick up my flyrod this weekend....friends with me did...and managed to pick up fish pretty well on chartreuse/white and olive/white clousers.
6-7 short trips over Thursday evening to Sunday afternoon, produced some fish at most locations....only one "skunk" on Joppa Sunday afternoon.
As always for this time of year.....keep moving.
Oh, one more thing....Juro mentioned this subject last week...the cherry tree in the back yard "popped" Sunday morning.
DB

#5 ·
Doug,
We and everyone else threw everything at em Sunday.
We on the No. Shore know how to take the striped rodent with our chin up and in full honor.
Every fish is earned the old fasion way. (unlike a certain nearby peninsula that protrudes into an aquariam of warm water full of fish, yawn). If you want a challenge, point your vehicle north of Boston and unlock the puzzle. Fish with honor fish with real men. :smokin:

Lefty

#6 ·
Have to agree with Doug. Took the boat out for the first time Sunday morning. Found lot's of sand eels on the beach front but nothing eating them. Drifted Joppa and the channel edge by the sail boat moarings without a bump. Headed upriver and bingo landed two nice schoolies while making four drifts across from someone's landing boat ramp. I knew I should have gone there first thing. They are up there, ran into a friend in his Yak. Who had spent the whole morning upriver and looked very happy as he paddled his way home. Seems the good fishing caused him to be late heading back. Let the excuses begin.:devil:

#7 ·
Bob,
Sorry we missed you. Saw a huge pod of sandeels too 10' from shore in the Sugarbowl just past the sand bar. With nothing on them we knew there was nothing down by the mouth. Funny thing is when ever I go upriver they're down river....doh.

Lefty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.