Fly Fishing Forum banner

Fly Swap-Special- Flat Wings

7K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  Doc Duprey 
#1 ·
This will our third swap but is not considered fly swap # 3 since that will be after #2... This swap will run concurrently with Fly Swap #2 and we can refer to it as "Fly Swap FW"...Ok... Please sign up on this thread...same rules...6 flies...due end of February. I will meister.... and , in case anyone was wondering it was not my devious way scrounging flies out of boarmountain... that never entered my mind:cool: ... anyway..please sign up ..let me see how many sign up and maybe we can extend it beyond the end of February since we will be starting this at mid January. Lets stay flexible... my next post will be a first report after sign ups..thanks

#2 ·
Are you limiting this to long hackle flatwings? If so, I haven't got the skills or materials to join this one :( . Then again, maybe I can pick up a few pointers and hackles at the Marlboro show.

Q

#15 ·
Mike- I will have to agree with brianf27 that the Bonderow bucktail is tied with 3 feathers in the tail, but according to the recipe in his book the yellow and blue feathers are replaced with bucktail. This just shows the degree of diversity in tying any pattern; even Ken Abrames lists using synthetic hair for a couple of his patterns listed in his first book. Ron

#21 ·
I'm thinking about lighter shades of green and green/gold or these next mentioned colors for mine.

Mike, what about a herring green, if I can find one, over lavender or purple over yellow or a shade down of gold/green - how does that look in your mind's eye?

#26 ·
Yup, count me in on this. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the patterns that come out of this one.

I saw some of Tod D's work and I've got to say anyone would be lucky to get one if his entries.

Boar, you can enter twice if you really want to. :hehe:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.