Fly Fishing Forum banner

south beach:1 fish 2 fish a #!#% load of blue fish

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  BigDave 
#1 ·
Since the rip trip was cancelled I had to cure the jones I had to fish the surf, so I parked at the causeway and hoofed my way around to s.beach,when I got around the bend I was greeted with seagulls and terns diving in the surf with blues busting on sand eels and silversides for about 200 or 300 yards down along the shore.This lasted for about 1 hour and ahalf ,largest about 12lbs.All in all it was a beautiful morning,slight off shore breeze with temps in the lower 70's.The atlantis tamed another beach . I,m going back around 5:00 pm, will park at the light house and work my way around to the backside, anybody interested?

#3 ·
Glad to hear someone is hitting the surf.

Fished off a boat out there on Saturday and there were loads of bass in the wash. Almost all keepers. Not a single fisherman to be seen (the weather wasn't anything special). No signs of birds, swirls or anything...just loads of fish...it was kind of weird...in a very good way! :smokin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.