Fly Fishing Forum banner

Dan Craft blanks/rods

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  FishHawk 
#1 ·
Anyone have opinion of Dan Craft rods in 8, 9 &10wt. Ft and Signature V series

#2 ·
Dan Craft rods

I have built a few of the FT series. 4wts and 10 wts. The rods are fast but don't IMO have a lot of reserve power. While they cast well the larger wts may be a little short on power for BIG fish. The 10wts I built have and extended butt to make them 10'6" and with my limited ability I am able to cast a Rio Outbound 11wfloater about 85-90' without a Dbl Haul. I prefer 2 hands overhead. I asked Juro to cast it @ the Catt Clave last Oct and his impressions were that it was a nice rod for Schoolie size bass it would be hard pressed to handle the cows. Depending on what you are targeting it could be a very nice rod. Are you going to build it or buy it built? If I can be of any further assistance let me know, you can PM or email
gdefoe123@comcast.net
Tight lines
Greg DeFoe

#5 ·
I have built rods from Sage , Winston and T&T. The most helpful company for the builder is T&T. The blanks comes with the spine marked for you!!!. Also,T&T is very helpful in answering questions that you might have. Stick with the major companies and you can't go wrong. FishHawk:smokin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.