Fly Fishing Forum banner

Swap progress report

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Dble Haul 
#1 ·
The due date for the warmwater swap has come and gone. So far I have flies from these people:

Me :p
sandyflyx
John Desjardins
Big Dave

I've received some form of correspondence from these folks that I don't yet have flies from, giving me an ETA:

Adrian
DFix
pmflyfisher
Quentin

And I have received neither flies nor any communication from:

Eddie
nbrandon

The flies will be sorted and sent as soon as they are all here. Let's not take too long so that it's fair to those who were on time.

All flies received so far have been great, and I'm sure the remainder will be too. :)

See less See more
#2 ·
I received two sets of flies today.....one from Dave Fix, and a set of crayfish flies from WI that I assume are from nbrandon. There's no name (only a return address) and no correspondence. Neil, are these yours, and if so what do you call the pattern?

Images and recipes to follow within a few days.

#3 ·
Hey! Sorry about the lack of correspondance. My grandma passed away last sunday, so I had to fly down to Dallas to attend the funeral. I mailed the flies while I was down there.

The crayfish pattern is a Near Nuff Craw. I think it's a whitlock pattern, but i'm not sure.

Neil

#4 ·
Neil, thanks for the response, and sorry to hear about the death in your family. You're right, the Near Nuff is a Whitlock pattern. Once a put an image in the archive (probably Thursday night), I'll let you follow up with the recipe.

I received Hal's flies today....an interesting steelhead influence in the pattern for sure. Very nice touch Hal. Image and recipe to follow soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.