Fly Fishing Forum banner

Sage Spey Rods

4K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
For sale: 2 Sage Spey Rods, together or individually

I hate to part with them as these were the first two premium spey casting tools I'd ever owned. The 7136-4 and the 1510-4, two classics from the spey uprising in the pacific northwest, purchased from the Swallows Nest in Seattle back in the day.

#1 - Sage 10150-4 Brown, sock and tube
Used caringly, has done the deed many times for me in the bigger rivers of the pacific northwest.

#2 - Sage 7136-4 Brown, sock and tube
Fit by Sage at the factory with the new 7141-4 handle and reel seat. The original wood seat was not working for me so they fit the rod with the new one in black at Bainbridge, this is not custom work. Although I liked the aesthetics of the old wooden reel seat, I love the way the newer seat functions (rock solid). The classic brown rod with the new handle, one-of-a-kind and a stock rod.

Make an offer by PM please.

I am a motivated seller, don't make me go to eBay!

See less See more
#14 ·
Man I think there must be a message problem - I've replied recently.

Anyway, I have received better offers but will honor yours since you made the first commitment.

I have not had time to estimate shipping (per our last conversation) but will when I can. As you know this means packing them up and going through the motions with the shipper. I assume it will cost about 40-60 USD? What's your limit so I can either back out or ship?

#15 ·
juro said:
I have received better offers but will honor yours since you made the first commitment.
I appreciate that, thank you. No sign of your message here - maybe I'm up to my limit on PM's? I've deleted some anyway.

As for shipping, that estimate is fine by me. I have had items sent via USPS in the past, which has worked OK, so you could try them if it's convenient for you. I think the dimensions should be OK for their Airmail Parcel service (max. length 60"). According to their website, and including insurance, I think it should come to somewhere around $30 on this service.

#16 ·
I think $30 is very low, I have sent single rods in tube under 60" and UPS wants $70-100 (expedited or air only).

Parcel post will probably (for two rods insured) run closer to $60 via US postal service as I have paid $40 for one rod in the past.

My question is, what is your upper end limit so I can decide to back out of the transaction or not?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.