Fly Fishing Forum banner

Your next fishing trip?

4K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  petevicar 
#1 ·
Where is your next fishing trip going to be? I will be in the tampa area at the end of April and can't wait. I have a guide booked up already, and depending on what is going on may go for Poons at night. :lildevl: In the mean time I have the spring steel run to keep my VERY happy and busy. Caught my first steel of the season on my first day out and the water was COLD! :Eyecrazy: Big fresh hen nailed an egg sucking leach. She fought great considering how cold the water was.
Where is your next fishing trip, and when do you leave?

#2 · (Edited)
Grand Bahama

I will be leaving Tampa on April 1 at 7:30 am for a three day Bonefish trip on GBI. Day one I will be wading, Day two I will be fishing with Perry Demeritte on the East end of the Island and Day three I plan on some more early am wading in the queens cove area until we take off at noon!

I pray that the wind blows from the north at 12 mph, and we have one of those Bluebird April Days!

If you can make sure to utilize the night for a Snook trip under the lights! - Its as close to sightfishing as it gets in the Bay area!

Mike

#3 ·
FL Keys and maybe some bits in between Orlando, Miami etc. I had to push my trip out a week to attend a trade show in Orlando - yeah, tough break. :lildevl:

I'll have a couple of day's to kill somewhere between Orlando and Ramrod Key so I'll probably be wetting a line 'en route'... :smokin:

#14 ·
Ascension Bay

I'm heading down to Ascension Bay May 1st-25th to fish for bones, permit, snook, tarpon etc. May 1st can't get here quick enough for me. But to fill in the time, trout fishing here in Colorado is red hot right now.

Have a great trip everyone and post reports when you get back.

Tim :cool:

#16 ·
God's Water

The River Dee at Aboyne. Arriving on the 3rd of April at a river side cottage. Word has it there is a very strong sprin run at the monent and the water levels are remaining favourable.

Oh Yes!! :smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.