Fly Fishing Forum banner

T-top or Bimini?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
I was wondering about the merits of a T-top vs. Bimini on a 20'cc.

I am a fly fisherman 95% of the time. My concern is that a T-top will get in the way and just be a place to snag my line consistantly - or am I mistaken and is this more myth than truth?

Should I go with a Bimini instead? I can always put a Bimini all the way down and lay it on the transom...

I need sun protection for when the family is onboard... :confused:

#4 ·
I'd second the hat and sunscreen. Other than that it's a hard call, the t-top gives you some nice features like putting the electronics up at eye level, freeing up other space. The T cannot be folded down and will act as a sail. Coming from a Yak to a CC I don't even like the 8' antenae on my console. I'm sure whatever you choose, you'll get used to it and work around the problems. I think if I had a t-top my little one would climb it like a jungle gym:eek:

#5 ·
I would vote T too... before I sold my CC I never cast over the deck. One rod fore and aft off the ends, outdrive down always puts the bow away from the wind for the bow caster and the transom gunner gets the water load duty but the l-o-n-g retrieve time.

Besides that folded bimini gets in the way - stick with a clean transom IMHO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.