Fly Fishing Forum banner

Green River

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  steeliesonafly 
#1 ·
I've been working the hell out of one short run in Flaming Geyser Park the last few mornings.The clarity is perfect but the flows have been a little inconsistent, to say the least.

On monday morning, it was 875cfs and over 1400cfs in the afternoon. The next day, tuesday, it was 1080 in the morning when I fished it and almost 1500cfs in the evening. This morning, it was at 1400cfs and dropping.

Don't ask how I did. But it has been good to get out and exercise the two-handed muscles.

I'm leaving friday for six days on the Railroad Ranch section of the Henry's Fork. I'm looking to catch a 20"+ trout on a #20 dry fly.

Later folks,
Leland.

#2 ·
#20 Dry

Have a blast. On the #20 dry, you could have lots of 20" plus fish. They are quite picky and presentation is everything. I fish this alot, and just love the buggers. Try a #24 dropper tread fly with just a touch of cdc and white foam wing. It is a killer!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.