Fly Fishing Forum banner

Almost half way

3K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Doc Duprey 
#1 ·
through the off season. :rolleyes:

(authors note..I don't count april, since the twinky action ain't until nearly May, Rhodey not withstanding)

Lefty

#6 ·
I am working on a new event for April out in the Berkshires. If it all works out, we will meet up with some local talent out in the western part of Massachusetts to fish trout streams. With all this snow, high water might mess things up so we might consider coordinating this with the Spey casting gathering and hold that out on the Connecticut while casting for brood stock salmon. That way MA license holders will not need to purchase an additional out of state license.

Another option is to hold the spey clave on the Merrimac in April, and use the NH license later for bronzebacks on Winnepesaukee in late May.

We will have some real talent on hand for the Nor'easter Spey clave, once I get things worked out I will post the great news!

#8 ·
I intend to hit the Joizey shore in March - and probably start bugging the twinks in the Housy estuary around that time too! April is Hendrickson time further upstream in the fresh and thats supposed to be one of the best hatches of the year.

So, goal number one is land a striper before Wilmington :D

#14 ·
If there wasn't so much ice in the delaware i'd be fishin for walleyes now. At least theres some spring creeks open and our season really never closes. Can't wait for end of march when the shad show up though !!!!!!!!!:devil:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.