Fly Fishing Forum banner

This is the beginning my friends

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Hammer 
#1 ·
yesterday I saw a summer run swimming in the Washougal and the guts of a hatchery ( i hope) summer run that someone caught.. So do not dispair over the end of the Winter run summer runs are coming...
attempted to pis a pic but it was too big:(

#3 ·
memorial weekend

onthe Rogue,,at least to RR city,,,it's a `given',,a huge first bulge always runs up as the water warms,everyone says;4th of july,,yeah;upper rogue,and the spring chinook are done by then ,but,some of the hottest flyfishing is june;they're the smallest;filled out halfpounders,but,voracious feeders,surface slashers!,killers!!!,and when in a pack,well,it' doesn't get to much better all year,until fall anyway,,don't tell anyone,especially about the flies used,,right Trey?:hehe:

#7 ·
THAT

would be tarpon fishing with floatrod:D don't make me feel sorry for ya',,pulease,,bring your small flies,,even the 74 pnd. chinook taken in the estuary was cought on a size 6 comet,heck,,i'm sure you talk with G ander---,,he'll set you strait on `bugs',he uses one of them,,uhhh,floatrods too,,:D

#8 ·
Salmon??? who the heck wants to fish for salmon?? I wanna fish for 4-15 lb chrome bright summer runs rising up through 55 degree water to smash my muddler wiggeling across the surface.
I don't wanna dredge with some gawd awful type 8,000,000 sink tip and who knows how many cannonball size split shot and a train of flies resembeling a ford fender lake trolling set up.. :D

#9 ·
scrapnel!,,YEAH!

it's hard to hang wit da Hamma,,,most folks 'll never `get it',,i can fish any way i want,bottem,top,,,i'm not in `it ' for trophy tackle,it's `the game',the challenge,i get bored real easy,,hmm ford fenders,i've got some G-spot blades,,heck,a couple K-16 quickfish or three,couple anchovies,hmmmm,no bobbers though!,hmmm,well,gotta' run!

#11 ·
Keep Smiling

after all,,no one gets out alive,this is why i fish, i spent way to many years working 7 day weeks,,Mr. carguy=A--H--e,,,now,,the river rules my thoughts,just too dynamic,heck,`they' might be going bye right now,,,the angle of the sun is juuuust about right,,bye!;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.