Fly Fishing Forum banner

Juro Fly Swap

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Juro,

I have had my flies tied for the swap for like two weeks but have forgot to ask for your address is it too late to get them too you? If not it is 6 for the swap part correct? What is your address if it isn't too late?

Thanks
JJ

G
#5 ·
Juro,
I've got six Haretics in a box and ready to be mailed, but it looks like i'll have a second chance to hand them off personally on March 9th, if that's not too late. I can also have them in the mail this monday if you'd prefer.
Let me know,
Bill

#7 ·
Is it possible to push the date back a week or so.
I have been very busy with the WSC and I have gotten very behind in tying up some decent flies.

Tomorrow will be my last day on the North Fork for 3 months. It has been many years since I have gone that long with out fishing it.

Going to float from Oso to the Quarry. Long float and hopefully Ill get into some fishies. :)

#8 ·
Juro,

My half doz have bit of a story. I was planing on mailing them from Seattle this morning and forgot them in my room after checkout. My belief is the maid in the Westin pocketed them to satisfy her own steelhead desires.

Anyway, tied some "functional production models". In route tomorrow.

andre

Hope I can sneak out of the office for a quick fix tomorrow

#10 ·
Juro

Did you get my flies? I airmailed 6 JC Viva's over about 2-3 weeks ago and enclosed a note asking you to email me to make sure they got there. I also sent you 2 e-mails in which I asked various questions about 3 weeks or so ago and I haven't heard from you yet. Methinks the Atlantic Gremlins are at work.

Phil

#11 ·
Phil -

Haven't received them as of Friday AM... did you send them to the PO Box?

I will check to see if they are holding it in the back, I did not receive a ticket which indicates they are.

It could be due to the international mail systems... although flies from Canada from Tyler, Dana, etc - have arrived.

Let's wait and see until tomorrow, we have a snow emergency and I was unable to stop at the post office due to a very long commute to my day job and a tight schedule for morning meetings.

Hang in there buddy!

#12 ·
Received some tube flies from Andre today... certain to bring out the beast in big nates. Andre, I wouldn't doubt if the maid at the Westin did launch a steelheading career based on these flies!

Still waiting on a few more swappers but will get all these great looking patterns scanned and up on the site over the next week or two. I'll get Bill's Friday, Brians' are "in the mail", etc. I'll go check the roster to make sure I didn't leave anyone out.

Look for some images soon,

Juro

#15 ·
Juro,

Hope the maid had a couple of good outings as those where constructed better. Hackle had been palmered and the collars were nicer "boo". This is a slight modification that will achieve the desired result of not holding a lot of water, while providing maximium silhouette and movement.
Rather than getting a lot of little pieces of paper with "secret formulas" maybe all the recipes can be posted in a thread with photos of the flies.

#16 ·
Andre, et. al. -

Once I get all the flies photographed and scanned I will send you an email with a 'cut and paste' text line that you can paste into the fly patterns archive. Just type in your recipe under the picture, that way you can modify it over time, people can ask questions, etc.

thanks,
Juro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.