Fly Fishing Forum banner

Spring Clave - Lodging? May 22-23

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  boatdrinks 
#1 ·
If you are coming to the annual spring gathering on the Cape and would like assistance with lodging here is what I suggest (based on past year success):

1) Handerchief Shoals

Matt and Missy have moved up to Rockport., I wish them much luck and prosperity in their new role! I just spoke with the new manager and secured lodging for the Spring Clave at the same discounted rate. There are 23 rooms with two beds and 7 rooms with a single king, same price under the Flyfishing Forum special.

**** contact me by PM to get this GREAT rate ****

2) short term off-season vacation rentals

Like the one I found last year near the CAC, it's possible to find short-term rentals in Chatham with multiple bedrooms, yard and deck, etc.

Feel free to use the site to coordinate these.

3) Staying at 'the beach house'

I have room for one guest in luxury accomodations in downtown Chatham, up to the highest bidder by auction. All proceeds will be directly sent to the web hosting company (not to me) to pay for the site. Minimum bid $150.00, I'll even leave if you bid high enough :)

Highlights:
- stumbling distance to the Squire
- walking distance to Chatham Inlet
- across the street from espresso
- smoking outside on the cigar deck (not inside)
- off-street parking

4) make your own arrangements
- Nickerson State Park camping
- Chatham Bars Inn ($$$$)
etc.

Group cookout Sat PM.

See less See more
#3 ·
Cookout location TBD, depending on turnout and availability.

If there is a large private rental with grill, deck and yard that will be first choice. Motel would be a great option, lots of choices and no need to decide until we see how things pan out.

#6 ·
The temperature this side of the pond is raising everyday due to the anticipation of our trip over. Three of us are coming to the Clave. My phone line is buzzing almost daily and my inbox is practically full. It has been a long winter and stir crazy does not even come close to describing how some of us feel. I got my first lake trout session in yesterday and am still aching from it. Water as cold as ice and gale force winds but a few fish obliged which was nice. This is good training for the casting muscles for 16 hard days and nights of fishing in May and June. Snag is its a bit like a dog at his meal bowl one mouthful is never enough. The urge to have another shot is pretty bad, trouble is this is DIY season in the UK and the inevitable conflicts are just around the corner. My fishing gear is now organised for lift and go and every opportunity tends to get considered pretty hard. In contrast my DIY tools are all over the shop which further increases the inertia to want to waste fishing time doing wifeys home directives. Our front room is currently overflowing with Buck tails and other fly tying gear. My family which is mainly female call BT's dead animlas they smell that way to them which helps keep them out of the way but is a major source of conflict. Too much hype, too much fly tying, way too much dreaming, and too little time. Roll on May 21 st and back in Gods country yet again.
See you guys pretty soon now.

Mike

#7 ·
Guys it is maybe a bit of a small hike but if the Shoals gets full up The Old landings is pretty reasonable and the owner David very Fisher friendly. His rates are very good. A large room ok for two could come in at around $60 a night between you. That must count as cheap as chips I guess. Three of us Brits are staying there over the Clave period. Just a thought.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.