Fly Fishing Forum banner

K........lets fish!

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Venture 
#1 ·
One of my favourite pools!!

Friends, you may have first cast.

The situation is, you are fishing (above) on a ledge.

And the fish are really there!!

Awaiting to hear how you will handle this "funky" fishing!!

Ann :)

See less See more
#3 ·
K.... let's fish!

First you have to assess the backcast room, there is very little of that, You can get some it you scale the ledge (Dangerous). You can trhow underhanded backcasts along the ledge. Tried all of those. BUT Water level dependent, I prefer to come up from Below and throw dry flies which appear briefly accross the ledge. and over the fish. Still a dangerous wading /slippery route. A BUG that is OK to Skitter might work. Then if you hook one, keeping the leader away from the ledge and the narrow slot requires some tricky maneuvers for the rod and the billy goat. Many more are lost here than landed. :lildevl:

#4 ·
Yo Guys,

My experience at this pool, was don't go alone.
You hook the fish, casting up river ( white bomber or a big sloppy brown Muddler)
and then.hook up!!

Your fishing partner ( hopefully a friend :confused: ) is standing below this ledge watching...you hand the rod,

run down the trail...grab your rod and land your fish i! :biggrin:

A..

#6 ·
Might have to go along with Beau in this one. I would probably just sit back and enjoy the beauty of the local.

beau purvis said:
Here is a different answer!I dont like sight fishing and I dont like that type of water.I just might skip it!My pleasure comes from more than hooked fish.I have hooked enough.I move on for runs that give me the whole package of pleasure,not just a hooked fish!IMHO Beau

#7 ·
You have a point:

I have fished different rivers this season and the one that hit me the most was
the Gouffre River, near Québec City.

A Dark tea color river .... a new experience for me.

Beautiful scenery and totally a different approach as for fishing...

I am certainly planning to return in 2007!

Tight Lines.

Ann

#8 ·
I am no expert on Atlantics,but I like to leave fish that are pooled up and waiting for the fish rut.I like to find the ones in the rifles between those big canyon type pools with the looking glass surface.I would ,however spend a bunch of time with a polarizer lens and a camera and just watching the fish.One reason I fish is to be able to see these magnificent specimens up close once in a while.On this type of pool you dont have to haul them in to see them,especially with a camera with a lens that will get you up close!One of these days I will visit your beautiful area and sample its culture.I enjoy reading your posts and seeing your photos[except for everyones bitterness leading up to the Zec stuff,recently].Beau

#9 ·
WOW Ann,

Those pictures of the Gouffre are absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing them. I would love to put the pic of the little cabin on my computer as a screen saver. Really......keep em coming Ann. Your love of the rivers is shared by all of us.

Howie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.