Fly Fishing Forum banner

...words cannot describe...

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Nick 
#1 ·
'Went for an airplane ride today...a bit of aerial recon/prospecting and wide-eyed airmanship...
'Saw acres of milling HUGH stripers holding at a "secret" spot...Multi-Thousands of really BIG fish, COWS pointed in all directions in the clear greenish waters...
I couldn't believe my eyes but I quickly realized that there are those who would catch and keep every last one...to sell at market price and later wonder where all the breeders had gone to and how would they pay for their boats and fuel...
A striped bass is far too valuable to catch only once!

#3 ·
Tyler...
'Sounds as if your FarSide (of the Canal) Visa has been granted...Most excellent!
...Area 61 will be officially "Provincialized" as of 4 July and will remain so until you leave...Satisfaction guaranteed!
Let's go fishing!!!

#4 ·
I am getting completely PUMPED for this upcoming vacation week on the Cape! Let's show our friends from steelhead country our east-coast world-class angling venues! (sounds like Doublespey is going to be in on the striper sortie as well)

Pete, don't forget there will be happy returns some autumn for you where the steelhead are as big as cow stripers and leap as high as tarpon. We'll be living large on both coasts with this swap - the core of the Forum's principles in action.

Can't wait!

BTW -

Let's throw a rip trip in while they are here.

#5 ·
Pete... I will be down this weekend and will call... I will be out Saturday morning at the light house unless you have a better plan....but must help my son repair a fence as part of his punishment in the afternoon. Will be around all Sunday... I have The week of July 4 off so....

#6 ·
I'll be down as well Saturday morning...hope to hook up with you guys.

Nick

#8 ·
Major family birthday this weekend, a possible part/day sortie on Sunday but I will be focused on recon, not fishing for a busy trip schedule coming up. The rest of June is pretty solid for me so I hope we can hook up, at least at Squire's for a brewsky and steamers. I will call around when I know what my plans look like.

Week after the fourth (July) we will have Tyler Kushnir and DoubleSpey out from the northwest so if any of you are thinking Forum swap credits with two of the hardcores in steelhead country it would be a good time to extend a little camaraderie

:)

I will have that week off and except for any days I get booked I will be on the water like "blue".

Juro

#9 ·
Wedding Saturday but will hit the bayside at first light Sunday. I will not oversleep, which is becoming a habit. Back to the ranch at 9:30 am or so to have the ball and chain re-attached. Ahh, but wait 'till next weekend -"Free at last, free at last......"

#10 ·
John,
That's the plan I was going to go with. The old reliable. Wasn't sure how the crowds would be, but I guess its not quite the middle of th summer yet, so flats shouldn't be too bad. We can hop the ryder, and check out the area. Can't wait, only two more days of work :tsk_tsk:

Nick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.