Fly Fishing Forum banner

Reports

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Fished the Sound yesterday with Capt. Keith Robbins.

A bit on the slow side. The only highlight was as we were preparing to move spots and I was winding in. When the popper got up to the boat, I saw a flash underneath. I stopped winding and let the fly sit. A nanosecond later, it was engulfed by a fat four pound silver. It certainly reinforces the reason why I use a two-handed strip more often now. The fish never ran. It stayed at the boat and did the "dance of death," as Keith calls it. My line became hopelessly wound around it's gills, eyes and mouth and I relunctantly had to bonk it for my wife's barby (now she knows I really do go fishing).

Cut to this morning on the Snoqualmie. Ahh, the Northwest is the greatest place to live! Where else can you catch salmon in the saltwater one summer morning and steelhead in a river the next. I caught and released a 10lb. hatchery buck on a #6 low water Purple Spey at 6:30am.

At 10am, I had a meeting where I presented a finished :30 tv spot to my client, Tap House Grill, and it was approved with no changes.

A good karma morning, I would say. I'm gonna go out and buy a lotto ticket.

Leland.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.