Fly Fishing Forum banner

All's quiet in CT

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Quentin 
#1 ·
I fished with Quentin for several hours today (5/9) on the windy coast of CT. The tides were prime, but there was no bird activity or bait. We each got one striper and plenty of casting practice.

We found a couple of more potential spots for the Conn Clave that's coming up shortly. We have many options now, and the Clave participants will be contacted soon via PM concerning meeting areas and other details.

Quentin, it was nice to meet you. For someone who's only been flycasting for a short time, you sure were laying out some line today in that wind!

John, I don't think that I'll be any threat to take your Iron Man title away from you. Today reminded me just how much of a wimp I am in the cold. Come on warmer weather!

#2 ·
Likewise Mark. And thanks for the vote of confidence in my casting ability. You must not have noticed all those times when the fly line was draped around my body or piled in a tangled heap less than 10 feet from the rod tip :hehe:

It was nice to do a little more exploring around the estuary and check out some new areas. At least the rain held off and we didn't get totally skunked, although my fish was such a sorry excuse for a striper that it almost didn't count. Poor little mud minnow :(

I'm looking forward to giving it another try soon. Maybe next time the fish will be more cooperative. That place looks so promising that I may decide to shell out the membership fee so I can fish there at night or early in the morning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.