Fly Fishing Forum banner

Final Details on the First Joisey Flatwing Fling and MiniClave

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Doc Duprey 
#1 ·
OK, assuming the fish and weather Gods don't elect to smite us, here are the details for the First Joisey Flatwing Fling and Mini-Clave:

Saturday 11/9:

Meet at 5:30 AM in the first parking lot (after the toll booths, which are closed for the season) and fish the morning incoming tide (Sat. High: 11:10 AM 11:48 PM, Low: 4:47 AM 5:37 PM).

Sunday meet at same spot at about noon to fish the outgoing (Sun. High: 12:08 PM Low: 5:42 AM 6:37 PM).

To quote from Kenny,

"Bring: Waders, pfd if wading, fly rod, favorite flies, slicker, Korkers, bug juice, and a good flashlight with a strong beam, not for changing flies but for safety while walking, and extra batteries. A camera and anything else you feel comfortable bringing.

Do not Bring: Any advertising materials or items for sale. This is not set up as a commercial get together. It's about comraderie and learning and sharing at a personal level.

This is not a guide trip. It is about sharing with others. There may be fish, there may not be, but there will be plenty to see and do. We are going to look at a beach and look at a salt pond try to understand them piece by piece. A little bit of poking, a little bit of fishing, and a whole lot of sharing; kind of like the way it was and still is for some of us."

To that, I add bring a sense of humor, and you will be well served.

Saturday's list is:

Doc and Mrs. Doc
Miker ?
Adrian S.
Chris Cremer?
Bill Bubay?
Kevin
Steelheadmike (and friends)?
Quentin?
Bardy?

Sunday:
Doc
Matt Baker
Georges Boyer
Miker
Anthony Ritter
Chris Cremer
Bill Bubay?
Ed J.
Steelheadmike?
Quentin?
Bardy?

Please confirm by posting.

Directions from the North:

I-95 south to I-287
Cross Tapan Zee bridge and stay on I-287
I-287 bypasses NYC and goes through Morristown, NJ and such, joining up with the Garden State Expressway. Take the Garden State to NJ Rt. 36 South for Sandy Hook (well marked). Follow NJ 36 right to the Hook. We'll meet in the first lot after the closed toll booths.

See you there!

-Doc

See less See more
#4 ·
suggestion

I am almost definate for Sunday, just checking with Tony the Woo and Big Roger to coordinate.

May I suggest getting the pass and driving all the way down to the Military Post and walking a short distance to the "Hook". Otherwise it is close to a six mile walk from the first lot to the tip. Rarely have I ever seen any major action occur Fishermans Beach ( I believe that's the first beach ) unless there are some chunkers in the bunch.

#5 ·
Joisey Mini-Clave

Several of the local talent already have permits, so we can car-pool. In addition, there may be some interest in fishing on the inside of the hook, where the permit may not be necessary.

Thanks for the reminder, though. we will make certain that things work out.

See you this weekend!

-SPD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.