Fly Fishing Forum banner

Haven't been here in a while...

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  teflon_jones 
#1 ·
Hi and Happy New Year! I haven't been on the forum in quite a while due to lots of personal things going on (moving, divorce, 2 major hip surgeries) but I wanted to say hello and wish everyone all the best luck this year.

I've been in Colorado for a year and a half now and I really love it after 31 years in the Northeast to start my life. My only complaint is I miss the Northeast rivers in terms of the geography and how you fish them. Out here everybody uses nymphs all the time! I'm a streamer fisherman and those work much better on the bigger water out here. The good news is that I picked up a drift boat recently and will have access to whatever I want this year! This is the boat I bought:
http://www.hogislandboatworks.com/hog-island-ltd16.html

I went with the plastic hull since it's a lot more durable than fiberglass and I tend to USE my gear.

My normal yearly trip with buddies to the North Maine Woods or Downeast Maine has been moved to the West this year so unfortunately I won't get the chance to pull some big fish out of Maine.

#2 ·
Hey, Tef

Glad to see you back and on top of a lot of adversity!

Cheers,

Eric

Drift boats .... sigh. The mere mention of same and I feel the pull in my arms. Congratulations...the boat will open worlds of satisfaction. Is this your first drift boat or did you have one before?

#3 ·
Eric said:
Drift boats .... sigh. The mere mention of same and I feel the pull in my arms. Congratulations...the boat will open worlds of satisfaction. Is this your first drift boat or did you have one before?
This is my first one. Out here you really need one to fish all of the best water. The stream topography isn't like the Northeast where almost everything is wadeable!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.