Fly Fishing Forum banner

Bait fish spotted off of Scituate and a North River Report

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Novice 
#1 ·
Yes even with the cold weather we've been having the bait fish have managed to migrate in to the Scituate waters. On Sunday I spotted a large pod of bait being aggrivated by what I presume to be stripers off the 3rd cliff. WooHoo! The blues and larger stripers can't be far behind. Good news for me because I have vowed not to pick up my spinning gear again until I have taken a keeper on a fly! The North River is showing some moderate to good action now. My bro and I have hooked into some stripers in the mid twenties and I hooked and lost something that felt like the size of a seal there 2 weeks ago. Who knows maybe it was. It had no idea it was hooked at first and then it ran like hell. I must not have set the hook hard enough because I lost it at the end of its first run. BUMMER! The flats have changed a lot since last year and it is fun re-discovering them. If anyone needs a parking spot and a guide (sort of) just give my bro or myself a ring or a note. We are always looking for an excuse to get out. Tight lines everyone!

9 days to the clave!!!!

Mike E.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.