Fly Fishing Forum banner

New Toy

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  trutta 
#1 ·
Hey boys:
after a wait of two years, here's my new toy 8^)

See less See more
#4 ·
I think geocities is rather stingy in their policy about linking to photos from outside sites. When this was posted earlier I could see the pic by going to the url, but now that seems to be broken too. I'd try putting the photo up on photopoint or zing, they're much more liberal about letting you link to pics.

Matt

#5 ·
Hi Matt:
This is the first I hear of it. In fact, my sig (the brown trout) has been sitting in geocities for quite sometime and it usually load just fine. It's true that I can access the picture by copying the url and reloading.
I've just tried joining photopoint and the whole process is incredibly slow ==8-O
Will try later again.

Luis

#8 ·
That's an amazing looking reel. I just did a quick search on "Maurice Noel reel" on google and it turned up <!--http--><a href="http://www.just-reels.com" target="_blank">just reels</a><!--url-->. There are some amazing reels available on that site. Juro- if you're still on the market for that heirloom reel that place could be just the ticket. I'm content just to browse and drool for now, but maybe if i win powerball or find a couple grand in the cushions of my couch... :)

Matt

#9 ·
Matt:
I was just at Maurice's place last week. You should see the Spey reel he had just finished... over U$S2,000! Titanium everything: body, plates, serpentine handle. Three pad breaking system. I toyed around with it :cool:
The trout reel is a new one for him. He built it to my specs and it is the first one in that size. He still hasn't set a price for that line but I'm sure it won't cost more than an Abel. Why he would want to build those when he can sell traditional and spey titanium salmon reels, I don't know. As it is he's swamped with orders.
Matt, if you want to read a bit more about him, go check under chronicles and you'll see a piece I wrote about him a while back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.