Fly Fishing Forum banner

Anyone ever tried this?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  fcch 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am looking at adding a product to my canoe called camoclad (camo4u.com). I wanted to see if anyone else has tried it or even heard of it before I bought some. Any advice from you fishermen would be very helpful.

Jim
(new guy)

#2 ·
Camo Thing

Jim,
First of all welcome to the Forum! Look forward to your input. I paddle all the time, and would probably NOT put anything on my craft that might hinder performance. I see these products every year at the Sportsman's show. Most have a "Texture" to them that would not be good if held below the waterline of the craft. Also, unless applied by someone who does this for a living, you can have problems with folds, bubbles etc. I would have to vote no on this one.
Now I am going to direct you to the Forum General Guidelines to read the rules, 'cause we have some realy awesome sponsors here and their the ones that keep the lights on.

Thanks Jim, hope this helps.

Deerhawk

#5 ·
I'm with Deerhawk on this one. I would never apply anything to the outside of a canoe that could make it harder for the hull to slide through the water.

Why exactly do you want to put this on your canoe?

#6 ·
Jim, ...

Same question as Scott. Are you looking to camo your canoe for fishing?

All our canoes are green. A fish will ALWAYS see the portion of the boat that is UNDER water. Then, ... it will look more like a dark mass. For the out of water portion, ... the height of a canoe that is up is so limited that most fish will never see it (given the angle of refraction on the air/water boundary).

imho, ... the simle green canoes we use here on the river are not the biggest indicator to a fish that we are around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.