Fly Fishing Forum banner

Fly pattern for catching a "Sea Kitten" ?

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  flydoc 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a good fly pattern for catching a Sea Kitten ?

I tried the Domino Boy Hairball but that didn't work...

Any help here ?

#2 ·
One of the new "Ball of String" flies might work. For bigger Sea Kitties, the 6/0 "
Ball of Yarn" in fluorescent green should be the ticket. Available from most sporting goods retailers on- and off-line as well as selected fabric shops.

Using catnip to add extra allure to the fly is considered unethical, although very effective.

Cheers,

Eric

#5 ·
HA!

I knew I could count on some funny responses... thanks for the laugh...

Did you all hear on the news that PETA has started calling fish
SEA KITTENS !!!!!!!!

I assume that when you take a child fishing they will freak out because they dont want to hurt the Sea Kittens...

I had some other thoughts on the naming but this is a family forum.

Good grief....what have we become ?

#6 ·
Wanna piss off PETA? Don't just keep on fishing, but (if you have not done so already) TAKE UP HUNTING!!! Nothing guaranteed to burn one of those misguided morons more than the sight of four hoofs sticking up from the bed of a pick up truck, and/or a sticker with a litho of Bambi's Dad and the phrase "People Eat Tasty Animals":hihi:
As the almighty Ted Nugent tells us..."You can't do this in France!"
Flydoc....Flyfisher, Hunter, Patriot:smokin:

#7 ·
flydoc said:
As the almighty Ted Nugent tells us..."You can't do this in France!"
Hey Doc, has he actually been to France though ?

I have and they eat small birds (sparrows, finches etc) whole at the table.

the French hunt a lot - birds, deer, goats/sheep, mountain cats, boar etc and they even use domestic pigs to hunt truffles !. Hunting is waaay bigger than fishing over there.

90% of France is very rural, if you're a hunter France like Germany is a very good place to visit ;)

anyhoo, my favourite hunting line is " Preserve Wildlife.....Use Freezer bags" :chuckle:

be well .

Mark

#10 ·
I've had good success with my "Juvi Gerbil" fly tied on a number 4 hook- with a real baby gerbil tail for realism- gets 'em every time:hihi:
Flydoc

P.S. Mark, if what you say is true, my only respsone has to be:

"Vive La France!"

#13 ·
Last Christmas, I did some shopping w/ the wife at the Holyoke Mall. While there a bunch of PETA folk were lined up along the road to the Malls entrance with signs condemning the sale of furs. While sitting in my car waiting for my wife I was amused to watch people in their cars passing by the PETA folk giving them the finger or throwing cans at them as they passed by. I think they have generated a lot of hostility even from folk who are not farmers, hunters or anglers. My question is why do these morons get so much press coverage?

I grew up on a dairy farm and understand how food is produced in this country. Morons who watched Bambi one too many times, should be forced to live on a farm for a few months. On second thought, maybe that's not a good idea........they would just get in the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.