Fly Fishing Forum banner

What about ....

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
....using video as a teaching aid like the pros do in golf? Anyone tried this yet? I can think of a couple of potential problems with lighting/line color etc. But it would be cool (and very informative)to watch your casting stroke side-by-side with your favorite caster:devil: Maybe some of the golf swing analysis software could be adapted?

#2 ·
It's interesting that you bring this up, because over the past few years I've seen quite a number of articles in the mags about how this is the best way to diagnose problems in one's own cast. And I think it goes without saying that videos are far better teaching aids than books; that being said, using the same medium should be best for critiquing casting flaws.

#3 ·
With so many digital cameras now supporting video clips, it might be neat to post small clips for people to review on the forum.

We would limit it to a clip per week so traffic does not kill the server. They can be clips of interest, help me's, etc. The purpose will be to provide a visual for discussions of casting technique.

Just submit a PM to me and I will put the video up somewhere for you to link in a post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.